Positive to Comparative


 

Interchange of Positive to Comparative

कुछ वाक्यों में Positive degree के Adjectives को as ……. as या so ...... as के बीच में रखा जाता है। जैसे – She is as good as Reshma. She is not as good as Reshma. Geeta is not so beautiful as Sita. ऐसे वाक्यों के Adjectives को Comparative में बदलने के लिए निम्नलिखित नियमों लें - सहायता

1. as ……… as या so ……… as को हटा दें।

2. Adjectives को Comparative degree का रूप दें।

3. Adjective के बाद than का उपयोग करें।

4. यदि वाक्य Affirmative हो, तो उसे Negative बना दें और यदि वाक् Negative हो, तो उसे Affirmative बना दें।

5. वाक्य के दूसरे भाग को नए वाक्य में पहले लिखे तथा पहले भाग को अत में।

کچھ جملوں میں  Positive degreeکے  Adjectivesکوas …….. as  یاso …….. as  کے درمیان میں رکھا جاتا ہے۔ مثال کے طور پر -
 She is as good as Reshma. She is not as good as Reshma. Geeta is not so beautiful as Sita.  ایسے جملوں کےAdjectives کو Comparative میں تبدیل کرنے کے لیے درج ذیل اصولوں کی مدد لیں۔
1.as ........ as یا so ........ as کو ہٹا دے۔
2. Adjective کوComparative Degree کی شکل دیں۔
3. Adjective کے بعد Than کا استعمال کریں۔
4. اگر جملہ Affirmative ہے تو اسے Negative کر دیں اور اگر جملہ Negative ہے تو اسے Affirmative کر دیں۔
5۔ نئے جملے میں پہلے جملے کا آخری  حصہ اور آخر میں پہلا حصہ لکھیں۔

  •        Comparative to positive

S.No.

Positive

Comparative

1.       

He is as good as Ram.

Ram is not better than he.

2.       

He is not as good as Ram.

Ram is better than he.

3.       

I am as tall as you.

You are not taller than I.

4.       

I am not as tall as you.

You are taller than I.

5.       

Sita is as beautiful as Geeta.

Geeta is not more beautiful than Sita.

6.       

She is not so good as Meena.

Meena is better than she.

7.       

Mohan is not as dull as you.

You are duller than Mohan.

8.       

Mohan is as dull as you.

You are not duller than Mohan.

9.       

I am not as intelligent as Sita.

Sita is more intelligent than I.

10.   

You are as active as Sita.

Sita is not more active than you.

11.   

You are not as good as he.

He is better than you.

12.   

Mohan is as tall as you.

You are not taller than Mohan.

13.   

A cat does not run as fast as a dog.

A dog runs faster than a cat.

14.   

I read as carefully as he does.

He does not read more carefully than I do.

15.   

I know him as well as you do.

You do not know him better than I do.

16.   

Sita is not as intelligent as Geeta.

Geeta is more intelligent than Sita.

17.   

The sword is not as mighty as the pen.

The pen is mightier than the sword.

18.   

My brother is as strong as your brother.

Your brother is not stronger than my brother.

19.   

Birds do not fly so fast as the aeroplane.

The aeroplane flies faster than birds.

20.   

He does not run as fast as I.

I run faster than he.

21.   

They have not as much honesty as they have money.

They have more money than honesty.

22.   

I know him as well as you do.

You do not know him better than I do.

23.   

I know you as well as she does.

She does not know you better than I do.

24.   

I would as soon die as tell a lie.

I would sooner die than tell a lie.

I would rather die than tell a lie.

25.   

A man so noble as Mahatma Gandhi was never born.

A nobler man than Mahatma Gandhi was never born.

26.   

My sister is as strong as your sister.

Your sister is not stronger than my sister.

27.   

Ram is as tall as his brother.

His brother is not taller than Ram.

28.   

Sita is not as beautiful as her sister.

Her sister is more beautiful than Sita.

29.   

They are as powerful as a king.

A king is not more powerful than they.

30.   

I am not as dull as you.

You are duller than I.

31.   

I am not so rich as he.

He is richer than I.

32.   

My brother is as strong as a lion.

A lion is not stronger than my brother.

33.   

This book is not so useful as that.

This book is more useful than that.

34.   

She is as intelligent as my sister.

My sister is not more intelligent than she.

35.   

Coffee is as tasteful as tea.

Tea is not more tasteful than coffee.

36.   

English is as easy as Hindi.

Hindi is not easier than English.

37.   

That girl was not as beautiful as Geeta.

Geeta was more beautiful than that girl.

38.   

Birds are not as useful as animals.

Animals are more useful than birds.

39.   

Mohan is not as tall as I.

I am taller than Mohan.

40.   

A foolish friend is not as good as a wise enemy.

A wise enemy is better than a foolish friend.

41.   

Tom is not as fat as jack

Jack is fatter than Tom.

42.   

Your brother is as intelligent as you.

You are more intelligent than your brother.

43.   

Tea is not as good as milk.

Milk is better than tea.

44.   

You are as dull as he.

He is not duller than you.

45.   

Nothing is not so good as something.

Something is better than nothing.

46.   

The sword is not so/as mighty as the pen.

The pen is mightier than the sword.

47.   

Iron is not so/as heavy as lead.

Lead is heavier than iron.

48.   

Iron is as useful as copper.

Copper is not more useful than iron.

49.   

Gold is not so/as useful as bread.

Bread is more useful than gold.

50.   

I am as intelligent as he.

He is not more intelligent than I.

51.   

You are as beautiful as my sister.

My sister is more beautiful than you.

52.   

Sita is as healthy as her mother.

Her mother is not healthier than Sita.

53.   

Birds do not fly as fast as the aeroplane.

The aeroplane flies faster than birds.

54.   

Your dog does not run as fast as my dog

My dog runs faster than your dog.

55.   

He runs as fast as I.

I do not run faster than he.

56.   

The cat does not run as fast as the dog.

The dog runs faster than the cat.

57.   

You do not know him as well as I do.

I know him better than you do.

58.   

They work as much as I do.

I do not work more than they do.

59.   

She knows you as well as I do.

I do not know you better than she does.

60.   

She does not like you as much as I do.

I like you more than she does.

61.   

He has not as much wisdom as he has money.

He has more money than wisdom.

62.   

She can't help you as much as I can.

I can help you more than she can’t.

63.   

A horse can run as fast as you.

You can't run faster than a horse.

64.   

I do not read as carefully as he.

He reads more carefully than I.

65.   

I would as soon die as kill an infant.

I would sooner die than kill an infant.

66.   

I can not solve the problem so wisely as he can.

He can solve the problem more wisely than I can.

67.   

This man has not as much brain as he has money.

This man has more money than brain.

68.   

A dead lion is not so strong as a live ass.

A live ass is stronger than a dead lion.

69.   

Riches is not so important as good health.

Good health is more important than riches.

70.   

This story is not as interesting as that one.

That one is more interesting than this story.

71.   

I have not so enemies as I have friends.

I have more friends than enemies.

72.   

I know these wicked boys as well as you do.

You do not know these wicked boys better than I do.

73.   

It is not so easy to practise as to preach.

It is easier to preach than to practise.

74.   

He is as dark as a coal.

A coal is not darker than he.

75.   

No other town in Malaysia is as old as Malacca.

Malacca is older than any other town in Malaysia.

76.   

No other boy in the class is as clever as Peter.

Peter is the cleverest boy in the class.

77.   

No other planet is as big as Jupiter.

Jupiter is bigger than any other planet.

78.   

No other democracy in the world is as large as India.

India is larger than any other democracy in the world.

79.   

Very few Indian kings were as great as Asoka.

Asoka was greater than most other Indian kings.

80.   

No other island in the world is as large as Greenland.

Greenland is larger than any other island in the world.

81.   

No other metal is as precious as gold.

Gold is more precious than any other metal.

82.   

Few girls in the class are as clever as Susie.

Susie is cleverer than most other girls in the class.

83.   

No other girl in the class is as tall as Alice.

Alice is taller than any other girl in the class.

84.   

He is not so wise as you.

You are wiser than he.

85.   

My brother does not weep so bitterly as this little girl.

This little girl weeps more bitterly than my brother.

86.   

A lion is not so dangerous as a tiger.

A tiger is more dangerous than a lion.

87.   

Her brother is not so intelligent as she.

She is more intelligent than her brother.

88.   

Rahim is as smart as Raju.

Raju is not smarter than Rahim.

89.   

No other state of India is as populous as U. P.

U. P. is more populous than any other state of india.

90.   

No other building is as grand as the Taj.

The Taj is grander than any other building.

91.   

Very few cities in India are as big as Mumbai.

Mumbai is bigger than most other cities in india.

92.   

No other Bengali poet is as great as Tagore.

Tagore is greater than any other Bengali poet.

93.   

No other city in U. P. is as big as Kanpur.

Kanpur is bigger than any other city in U. P.

94.   

Very few countries in the world were as poor as India.

India was poorer than most other countries in the world.

95.   

Very few kings in the history of the world were as great as Ashoka.

Ashoka was greater than most other kings in the history of the world.

96.   

Girls were not as important as boys.

Boys were more important than girls.

97.   

No other actor in Bollywood is as great as Amitabh.

Amitabh is greater than any other actor in Bollywood.

98.   

No other minister in India is as popular as Modi.

Modi is more popular than any other minister in India.

99.   

Very few actresses in India are as great as Rani.

Rani is greater than most other actresses in India.

100.       

Very few authors in India were as popular as Tagore.

Tagore was more popular than most other authors in India.

101.       

No other writer is as good as Shakespeare.

Shakespeare is better than any other writer.

102.       

No other poet was as great as W. Whitman.

W. Whitman was greater than any other poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment